Are you waiting for the last possible moment to file your taxes? Welcome to the club.
As a quick reminder, remember to claim the following autism specific items on your taxes (assuming you have a valid Disability Tax Certificate):
- Disability Amount transferred from a dependant (this is the Disability Tax Credit)
- Family Caregiver Amount
- Medical expenses (including “tutoring”)
- Fitness receipts (last time)
- Arts receipts (last time)
- Child Care expenses
- Attendant Care
- Home Buyers Amount (if you purchased a home for the benefit of the disabled person)
- Home renovations (that qualify for the Home Accessibility Tax Credit)
Who should claim the credits?
Refer to this page for a quick refresher