The Federal Government provides no autism funding, however there quite a few benefits and tax breaks if you search for them.
- There is the Disability Tax Credit (to be claimed on your yearly taxes), which is not means tested.
- Then there is the monthly Child Disability Benefit. This is part of the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) program.
- ABA treatment costs may be claimed as a Medical Expense.
- Child Care expenses may be claimed up to $11,000
- Attendant Care expenses may be claimed up to $10,000 per spouse
- Canada Caregiver Amount giving $2,150 in non-refundable tax credits
- Home Accessibility Tax Credit may be worth up to $1,500
Are there any there any other funding options from the Federal Government?
Yes! The RDSP is one the most generous programs provided by the government. It is an outstanding program which assists parents in preparing for their child’s long term future. There are benefits to people on every income level.
The RDSP is one the most generous programs provided by the government
Many people misunderstand the RDSP, but let me say that there is no reason why you should not set up an RDSP. Please refer to my page RDSP for more information.