Federal Govt Funding
The Federal Government provides no autism funding, however there quite a few benefits and tax breaks if you search for them.
- There is the Disability Tax credit (to be claimed on your yearly taxes), which is not means tested.
- Then there is the monthly Child Disability Benefit. This is part of the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) program which is a means tested benefit.
- ABA treatment costs may be claimed as a Medical Expense.
- The Fitness Credit may be increased by $500
- The Children’s Arts Tax Credit may be increased by $500
- Child Care expenses may be claimed up to $10,000
- Attendant Care expenses may be claimed up to $10,000 per spouse
Are there any there any other funding options from the Federal Government?
Yes! The RDSP is one the most generous programs set up by the government. It is an outstanding program which assists parents in preparing for their child’s long term future. There are benefits to people on every income level.
Many people misunderstand the RDSP, but let me say that there is no reason why you should not set up an RDSP. Please refer to my page RDSP for more information.